"Hawaiian Fisherman" Wood Block Print by Charles W Bartlett, 1919

Friday, April 22, 2011

'OLE MAHALO (Moons of Rest, Review and Repair) Begin Tomorrow, Saturday, April 23rd through Monday, April 25th

The final anahulu (week) of the month begun with Hilo Moon in the sign of Aries starts tomorrow, Saturday, April 23rd.  New ventures, new beginnings have been the talisman of this time.  COUNT ON THE MOON, a new venture has been a wa'a kaulua filled with new seed.  Each of us is living a life in process, and if we attended to the opportunity of setting our intentions for April, the 'OLE MAHALO (the blessings of the moons of emptiness) starting tomorrow offer three day and nights to get our bearings.

One of the communities that fuels and supports me over time is the Astrology Blog ElsaElsa.  Elsa Panizzon authors and operates the original astrology blog.  Ten years as cyberhostess, she has built upon her hard and diligent work and now partners with several talented astrologers and a reader of Tarot.  Dixie is the Tarot Goddess at ElsaElsa.  This post "KEEP GOING!" is timely grist for the mill.  Dixie began her post with these thoughts:
" Every personal achievement I can think of, I started off utterly clueless about the demands. All of ‘em! I wonder sometimes, how much I would have opted out on, if I’d been better informed or more realistic. Looking at it that way, I guess it’s just as well!
She sums up her Tarot Reading with this line "One foot in front of the other. Attend, adapt, advance. Attend, adapt, advance."

ATTEND, ADAPT, ADVANCE

I love this new version of an old practice I learned while in the rooms of 12-Stepping.  In those rooms we call that process the 3-A's ... Awareness, Acceptance, Action.  Wisdom works in whatever words string together, and as we consider the traditions based on the Native Hawaiian Moon Calendar, either or both 3-A's are useful tools.  This month has been a malama (month) of new beliefs and behavior.  "Believing before I see it" is a seed belief that is finding new ground.  I began COUNT ON THE MOON with exactly that same attitude, and put it out there as a preview to this workshop.  Uncertain of the outcome, I expressed the feelings swhirling around inside me; let go and let Akua fill in the blanks; and used the 'OLE MOONS just prior to launching this workshop to review, and release resistence.  Beautiful fruit-bearing outcomes are visible now.  Adjustments and adaptations may be necessary; I'll attend to those possibilities during the next three days and nights. 

The 'OLE MOONS COMING up begin in the sign of Capricorn, and moves in the sign of Aquarius Sunday evening. Natally, my moon is in Capricorn so to some extent the energy of this 'Ole time may be familiar.  Something to consider about Capricorn and Aquarius and the Moon in these signs over the 3 'Ole Moons:

from Elizabeth Rose Campbell, Intuitive Astrology
"Capricorn:  To Teach ... Capricorn exels at discipline and therefore, completion...Capricorn completions can be tested by time, credibility earned, standards of mastery made real.  Capriorn builds traditions that support those standards.  Capricorn creates teachers who choose a tradition to embody, as impeccably as possible."

About the Moon:  "The Moon within your inner family is the mother...The Moon's placement in your chart by house, and by sign, will reflect your optimal path of self-nourishment..."

"The Catching of Pearls"
Moon in Capricorn:  "How can I produce a pearl--beautiful and solid--from my solitude that others will recognize as my emotional autonomy, my completeness within myself?"

Aquarius:  "To liberate.  Aquarius is the undeniable truth.  Aquarius has no interest in protecting reputation, or any tradition, unless the tradition liberates one into a larger truth...Aquarius gives everyone permission to reinvent him-or herself."

Moon in Aquarius:  "How am I guided toward nourishing relationships with authentic people with whom I can be free as well?"

A hui hou, see you after the 'Ole.

The entire post by Dixie is worth reading I think, and can be read by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and questions are welcome ... jump in!