"Hawaiian Fisherman" Wood Block Print by Charles W Bartlett, 1919

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NEW CONTENT: The Moon is in KuLua (second Ku moon) ... there are 4 Ku moons

Aloha,
If you are just joining us, you might want to start with the original set of 12 posts/sessions that begin with this link:   OPENING CEREMONY.  Or, you are welcome to jump in here.


GARDEN JOURNALING

 Kulua Moon plant most anything, especially those with long up-right stalks like 'ohe (bamboo) or ko(sugar cane)
 
Ordinary and pono connections ... attending to the Moon

It is Wednesday here on Whidbey Island, sometimes the only way I know what day it is is when Pete tells me where he's off to ... "I'm off to Good Cheer (garden).  Just wanted to tell you."  This is one of four gardens where Pete helps, volunteers, and mainly grows food.  "Thanks, honey," still drowsy from dreams, I reply from the cozy corner of the futon.  I was up very early this morning and back to sleep for a few hours.  So I know it is Wednesday.  From the comfort of a warm bed the indications of the world and temperature outside are separate.  What I notice is the sound of pelting 'something' on the metal roof above me.  The heater warms our small home, leaving my body without sense of the changes outside.  Roused by Pete's departure I moved from the futon to the Dutch door.  Opened it.  Oh my!  It's cold.  Inside the Quonset, JOTS is curled in front of the heat, away from her yellow perch-chair.  When I get inside she right away wants to be cuddled.  We do that.  The morning has started for me.  Once in a while, and now as I have recovered a noticeable degree of well-being I venture out to the neighborhood coffee shop for a decaf hot coffee, and this morning I walked across the gravel turn-about to ask if one or both friends would like to join me.  I had company.  I often walk the short walk there, but the 37 degree morning was reason enough for me to put myself behind the wheel of my Subaru, and drive.  Nearly four months passed since I've been in my car, so into her I went and off to a Northwest morning coffee date. 

These seemingly ordinary contemporary rituals:
  • walk across the way to ask friends to accompany me,
  • being in a car; driving in a car
  • being in a public place/a neighborhood cafe
  • being with a non-MCS friend for socialization
Fantasy Fest ... Sky Moon
Kinda Fun Stuff!
Are major victories in a life of a person with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.  Small or large victories celebrated with acknowledgment is an important ritual.  Today, with the moon in KuLua, I sit to record the planting of upright-growing 'things'.  In Hawaiian, Ku means 'upright' ... Ku also is the name of our god of war, warrior/spear-holding energy.  "Lua" refers to the number '2'.  It's the second night/day of the crescent phases of the moon.  Using this post as a kind of Gardening Journal for my personal intentions (set on the New Moon), and to plant things in our gardens while attending to Mahina.  Slow and steady progress as listed above gives me a bearing on the success of my navigation so far, and my goal to progress with positive intention.

Out in the lepo (the dirt) my gardens are cultivated, seeds planted under the ground.  And yet, as I write I hear the rattle of April 'something' making noise on the Quonset roof.  April is an a month of oddity, it sounds like hail.  Turning to look out the glass-fronted window, I see it is!  Slow progress, the new sunflower seeds can wait.  The pea starts are happy where they are, and there is time to move gently.

'OLE MOONS BEGIN SATURDAY, APRIL 9th and LAST FOR FOUR MOONS.  Times of movement and up-right action are now.  Saturday it's the first of the 'Ole. 
  • Garage cleaning,
  • car maintenance,
  • attitude-tuning, mending your gear,
  • resting-napping,
  • saying 'no' to one more request for your precious time.
How goes your time?



The link below will take you back to the Thirty Phases of Kaulana Mahina so you can see the up-right shape of the Ku Moons.

 http://countonthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/04/thirty-phases-of-kaulana-mahina.html

Image Credits:  Planting bamboo, Fantasy Fest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and questions are welcome ... jump in!