"Hawaiian Fisherman" Wood Block Print by Charles W Bartlett, 1919

Sunday, April 3, 2011

'HILO ... Moon of New Beginnings' IN THE SIGN OF ARIES, 2011

HILO MOON ... 1st Moon

Count On The Moon focuses on the large picture of tracking time through the 30 Moons of Kaulana Mahina.  This first month of study lays the foundation for future work, but focuses now on the Blessings of the Emptiness, the blessing of rest and restoration during the 'Ole Moons.  To get to the 'Ole Moons we must start with HILO ... the first moon and gradually view the up-coming rest times on the horizon.

Starting new ventures, new voyages on the HILO Moon feels wonderful!  A full boat of frisky folk looking for pathways to link ancient traditions with present abundance.  We're here to create the future we desire, and it feels good. Life here in the woods in South Whidbey is the dream we envisioned while we called our Subaru "home." The moon has risen and set through three years worth of voyaging.  In small steps Pete and I have moved toward these new beginnings on another island. 

My traditional culture carries me forward like good small-eyed netting with puka (holes) to allow for the tiny fish to grow some more, and the new future keeps beckoning me on.  The Pleides, Makali'i are the stars in constellation we Hawaiian use as a point of reckoning.  We use it as a marker to begin the new year, for one thing.  Pete has long been a magnet for Makali'i finding her wherever we have been on the Planet.  More and beyond that, Makali'i is the place in the heavens I look to call on my family, our ancestors who love me forever.  There the Mokihanas before me urge me forward and I am comforted and supported. Kalei Tsuha reinforced the notion that the kahuna (the keeper of information; the teachers) whose kuleana (responsibility) involved tracking time were both astrologer and astronomer ... the two studies were the same.  To my thinking that kuleana remains so today.  Astrology and Astronomy are two sides of the same moon.

Our workshop begins on the 1st Moon, the New Moon, Hilo Moon.  This New Moon sits in the stars of Aries, and is a moon of powerful new beginnings.  We criss-cross cultures in this wa'a kaulua going from ancient wisdom of the kupuna translated by contemporary kanaka:  Nainoa Thompson, Navigator and Teacher now; Kalei Tsuha Kumu and Kahuna now.  Now, we take a look at other contemporaries and draw on the practices of Astrology and Earth Wisdom to expand the exploration.

Astrology

APRIL 3rd 2011 is NEW MOON in the sign of ARIES ... and it is a VERY big time of new beginnings.  While searching for something new, I found this video.  A new to me astrologer with something to say about this powerful ARIES energy.  Jim P, an Aries, says, "This is gonna be fun.  This is why we're here."  Listen in.



Elsa P has a similar take on the Aries NEW MOON


New Moon Cleansing and Clearing Ritual


Rainbow Tree offers her New Moon or Springtime Soul Cleansing and Clearing Ritual

..."Spring and/or any time during or after a New Moon is when new life, emotions, feelings, etc. take place. I know most people do 'Spring Cleaning' around the house, but what about cleansing your soul? I did my own personal rituals the last couple of years with two versions, one for myself and the other for my vegan friends.

Cleansing your spirit or soul is just as important, even possibly more so than cleaning your home! There are things in your life that have been building up, clutter in the brain so to speak. It may even be affecting you by little illnesses, allergies, loss of sleep, irritability and/or a variety of other ways. You may not even realize that your soul/spirit needs cleansing... but it does! I promise you'll feel better both mentally and possibly physically after taking the little time to try this Soul & Spirit Cleansing yourself....
Link below to RainbowTree's beautiful New Moon Cleaning Rituals
http://rainboworacle.blogspot.com/2009/01/cleansing-of-soul-spirit-ritual.html


WHERE ARE YOUR NEW BEGININGS?  DO YOU KNOW WHICH AREAS in your life are in need of renewal and new beginnings?


Clues for ... where the new beginnings for your life could be happening, look at your astrology chart to see where the New Moon in Aries is in your personal chart.  Which house is the ARIES New Moon? 

The New Moon in Aries along with the Sun, Uranus, Mars, Jupiter, and Merury fill my 3rd House of Communications and Siblings/Neighbors/Short Trips/Car.  I know the way I communicate with the world and especially my siblings and neighbors is spotlighted, and since I've not been in a car since December I'd better be very discerning about tripping.  This workshop is one way I'm tapping into the power of new beginnings and communication for me.  Aries and five other planets(including the sun) will be in Pete's 7th House of Relationships OF ANY AND ALL KINDS.  Plus, his North Node .. his soul's desire is in that 7th House, so things are heated up for my man Dean Pete.

... Go to sites like astro.com and get your Free Astrological Chart.  If you need any help with working that site, please email me I was new to navigating that site not so long ago, and would be happy to walk you through the process. 

... Download this free Blank Astrology Chart from Astrologers Cj Wright and Donna Cunningham and make some notes to yourself when you find out where the Aries New Moon will fall on April 3rd.  Check the list of areas summarized on the blank chart.

What other astrology or navigational systems do you use?


***To continue with the workshop CLICK HERE to go to THIRTY PHASES OF ...

2 comments:

  1. This New Moon is in my 3rd house, too, so I have similar issues. I'd like to get my garage cleaned out and a car back in good running shape. (Garages and cars are 3rd house things.) I have a short trip planned mid-month, and always welcome improvements in communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cj, About the car and garage being 3rd house ... after almost 4 months our Subaru paint-job is finally cured enough for me to be in it, and I've driven alone, too. On the road again with more appreciation! Mokihana

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and questions are welcome ... jump in!