"Hawaiian Fisherman" Wood Block Print by Charles W Bartlett, 1919

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Equinox and 'Ole Pau


Yesterday's Autumnal Equinox was beautiful. In the sky at Sunset Mahina marked the halfway point. We created ceremony, grateful to be. I wrote about the homemade ceremony of Equinox here.

Earlier in the day a huge flock of Geese flew very low above us. I watched as the leader changed, it was a memory marker for Pete and me. We came together many seasons ago when the Geese sounded. Yesterday I felt the gift of connecting, or reconnection.

The Birds are back. We noticed that they were missing during most of the summer. Too dry, their source of protein (bugs) dried up, too. They were somewhere else. Through the Quonset window I see Sparrow is back, "It's good to see you," I say to her.

This Friday, September 25th the 'AIMALAMA LUNAR CONFERENCE ON CLIMATE CHANGE takes place in Honolulu. The Pacific wide gathering of practitioners and individuals who are reviving and renewing their relationship with lunar timing in everyday application offers a unique opportunity. In addition to the in person participation of conference attendees, a remote hub facility allows people to watch the panels of practitioners via 'livestreaming' on the internet. My husband Pete and I are excited to be participating as a remote hub site here on Whidbey Island.

FYI ... it may be too late for you to register as a remote hub viewing site, but, here is the link if it is not too late.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and questions are welcome ... jump in!