"Hawaiian Fisherman" Wood Block Print by Charles W Bartlett, 1919

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Between the eclipses, 'Ole Ku Moons for gathering pine needles

There was an eclipse on the New Moon and a total lunar eclipse will happen with the Full Moon coming up next week (September 27, 2015) . Plenty of give-and-take and retakes happening as Saturn moves from one sign (Scorpio) to the other (Sagittarius). One way of looking at it is we collectively move from a time (2.5 yrs worth) of investigation (Scorpio) to a period of exploration (Sagittarius).

Personally, after a summer of illness and acknowledging the sacrifices being made (by the Forests' burning) I appreciate the slow breakthrough of ease I begin to feel. Slowed to the pace of a wild snail, my world becomes smaller not for the first time, but, smaller and closeted. I turn in, and come to know the Nature of Nature here where I live.

Today the Winds are strong.
Trees sway, a robust hula.
Pine needles rain down.

They do every year around this time turning the Forest floor golden. This year my attention is more attuned to the golden rain. I stop, stoop, and gather. Good exercise for dumpling women.











I hope to gather enough of the beautiful palm-size needles to make my first pine needle baskets. We'll see. The needles are beautiful, and many different colors from green to many shades of gold and reddish-brown. Hulo! Hurray! Never too old to stop, stoop, and gather miracles. Mahalo!

Pehea kakou? And what falls where you are?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and questions are welcome ... jump in!