"Hawaiian Fisherman" Wood Block Print by Charles W Bartlett, 1919

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

'Ole Kukahi (just barely or was it still 'Ole Kulua?)

At 3 A.M. on an 'Ole Kukahi or 'Ole Kulua morning, the two la'au nui (large family trees) framed two very bright lights. Planets?
Mahalo to the kupuna of the internet ... the bright lights I was seeing were Saturn and Antares. Saturn rules the astrological sign of Scorpio ... to see it so clearly on an early 'ole moon. WOW! A big visual dose of understanding.


Pete and I have been studying and practicing 'counting on the moon' for seven years. The years have been fruitful, difficult often, challenging on many levels. And, as with so much of what I experience there are more than one strands being braided into the place of true wisdom ... pulling the floating knowledge (mana'o lana) from the sky (both metaphoric and literal) and making it a living experience (mana'o 'i'o) internalized knowing.

The Strands
  1. the nights of po ... the moon phases
  2. astrology
  3. ancestral wisdom and aumakua (guardians and animal messengers)

RAVEN have been visiting and being very close in the last few weeks. Yesterday and today were no exception. They have so much to say (if we listen!). Since I was no longer sleeping at 2 AM, I let the cyber librarian lead me to where I needed to go. There was a story that needed to be told, and I was all ears.

I found and watched a story on YouTube that needed to be told. For some reason there is a problem loading the video. But here's a link to that YouTube ... While that problem irons itself out, I found this link to this written story: THE SPIRIT OF THE WHALE, or Raven and the Whale.  I have asked for the stories that I have permission to tell. This one is the latest, and one from our Inuit family. I mahalo my ancestors for the guidance to such big and beautiful medicine. 'Ole Po ('ole phases) are fitting times to reflect on the quality of ones journey as spiritual being living in human skin.

A beautiful medicine story.
 
Link here to read 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and questions are welcome ... jump in!